Friday 15 May 2009

Mess(y) food!

Yes this topic was bound to come up and I was bound to post this.
My mess food sucks ( doesn't everyones?)
but its sucking so bad that I can't even eat more than two bites anymore. Food is depressing. One the bright side I've been losing weight, but more than necessary actually.
And hence I keep running home every month and my mom keeps stuffing me with food when im there.
Some instances why the food is bad
  1. We had bananas and something else for breakfast today. That's OK but then they decide to keep out all the leftover rotten bananas just in case we bother to pick it up and eat it with lunch. Now the lunch is bad... black bananas make it worse.
  2. On a rare occasion what they made was actually pretty good. So you go and tell them its good. After that...
    its never made...
  3. They decided to become a lil adventurous and put a little variety in the food. Spice it up a little. So they go along and name all the dishes. Now the naming process is really funny. Mixed vegetables with some green masala is "vegetable garden" and mixed vegetables in brown masala is navratna kurma. I swear they taste alike except for the colour change.
  4. Pasty, stick to the roof of your mouth idlies with extra diluted watery sambhar anyone?
  5. Have you tried puri's which are as crisp as papaads? Then your missing out on a lot aren't you?
  6. Soya is like some kind of sponge paneer as tough as rubber ... looks like we're eating more than just food.
  7. A year ago I found a cockroach legs with the whole lower torso in my breakfast so where did the rest of the body go? I so don't wanna find out. People have found extremely weird things floating in their food. Insects we can't even recognise and have stopped trying to a long time back .

I've heard they're trying to improve the mess food. Its happened before but then it just ends up going back to its sucky self. And as for me I try to eat but mom you make the best food ever and I totally miss that.

8 comments:

hollabackdc said...

the last one is disgusting...

black n white said...

hahaha good post! :P

Ajan said...

Can imagine. I spent half of my life in different hostels.
In school, all my seniors started some sorta satyagraha and the food went waste for 2 entire days (which the authorities obviously made us foot the bill). Didn't see any change till we all threatened that we'd leave the school/college itself.

neo_reloaded said...

heyy, just stumbled upon ur blog.. lots of interesting reads..some of ur posts r really funny.. :) :) !!!!
i tried my hand at blogging once but never really took off though...so wats ur secret ?? ;)

untapped said...

just write whatever comes to ur head

tropical seagull said...

food's probably the singular reason i stayed in 5 diff places in 5 years as an undergrad!
you'll probably learn how to cook by the end of five years anyway!
necessity demands it!

untapped said...

oh ya im learning how to cook, probably get better at it by the time i graduate

Unknown said...

Lolz! Mess(y) food, the title is so perfect! You know what I did to escape from mess food, I just changed my biological clock. I used to sleep during the day and stay awake the whole night depending on the dhaba food(rather cheap, but relatively good).Ghosh!My parents went totally paranoid when they saw me after this.The look on their face still gives me jitters.. :)