Saturday 9 February 2008

Leaving home

It's just so hard to get from fun mode to back to college mode. Very hard...
We realized this time that if we extended our holidays we'd feel worse when we got back plus the fact that my friend has a lot to organize when we're back. So when I text her to ask if our tickets were booked (we were on the waiting list till now) she replies saying "sadly they are , how I wish we could have stayed longer". So true. But tickets booked it just confirms the fact that we gotta go. No point postponing the inevitable. sigh...
So getting those bags packed and then we're back off to coll. The worst part about it is my mom crying. And my moms a really strong person and seeing her crying every time you say goodbye when you come down is well.. pretty disheartening.

These are probably the few things I miss about home
  • Dog licking me as soon as I get into the house
  • Music when I want it how I want it
  • the remote in my hand and sitting on my sofa
  • non oily chappatis
  • plain cold milk right out of the fridge in the night
  • my bathroom!!!
  • my warm bed with my nice pillow
  • no 6 30 curfew
  • sleeping into the morning
  • washing machine and drier
  • high speed internet
  • air conditioning!!!
  • neighboorhood sounds
the list is pretty endless so no point. Now I know what they mean by home sweet home. So true..

5 comments:

The Depressed Doormat said...

But isn't coming back just as festive as leaving is dismal?

[Amod] said...

Now I've forgotten what Home means..

Unknown said...

Linked to you on my blog - I hope you don't mind.

Mandy said...

There's no place like home! But isn't coming back to friends and college like a second home coming. What say you?

Sunil Kosuru said...

People say college n hostel life is the best n we need to enjoy every moment.