Monday 4 February 2008

The relationship thing

One of the sad things about being single is after the initial few months you start hating almost every couple you see hand in hand together. Whether random people on the road or friends etc its annoying. Maybe this is a more pronounced thing when most of your friends are already hooked up you can only be happy that valentines day thankfully falls on a weekday this year.


The few things I've noticed is that whenever you step out of the corridors at mid night its not silence that greets you but a million low buzzing sounds of all those girls sitting and having mid night conversations with thier bf's. I have this one friend who just can't get off the phone. She probably even falls asleep with the phone. Wow...

The stupid things people do when they're in relationships like get you somes notes at mid night right at your doorstep or run away as soon as you spot friends seeing you with your girl on an empty beach or upper berth- train journey- one pm or jumping waves are like some of the absolutely hilarious stuff i've witnessed, kinda cute but still I ask myself was I ever this way? Did I ever have the whole "in love" expression? Did I ever have more fun then than I do now?


I dunno , don't seem to remember. Maybe I have amnesia.

9 comments:

Li. said...

ya.. I know wat u mean.. wen i see a couple riding motorcycles in front of me , my car gets crazy.. I honk n zoooom past.. n i chuckle at how stupid they r wen i c dem at cofee day holding hands n cuddling.. but deep under, i guess we just miss a person like that.. don u think so?

Anonymous said...

amnesia maybe a good thing.... at least you wont miss the feeling if you had it
and ya... the couple thing can at times get you thinking along those lines, guess you just get used to it after a while

dranz3r said...

have hallucinogens then...maybe then sometime u'll see the person u might have had a crush for....!!! :P

Anonymous said...

Hmm

Sidd said...

grass is always greener on the other side honey ... its somethin that u can read in lyrics by U2 ... "i cant live with or without u" ... our strength lay in the very fact that we take the charge our ownself and dont let th things arnd make us feel miserable abt ourselves ... watever happens .. it happens for good ... have faith in the almigthy ... u have somethin better in store for u ... till the time it makes u happy ... doesnt matter if ur pals keep clingin to their handsets 24x7 or not ... hope u dnt take my words in wrong sense ... bt i cud relate to wat u wrote ... its nice :)

rahul_rulez said...

hahaha... ilike the upper berth thing... cool..visit my blog at http://www.rahulrulez.blogspot.com/ mayb u will like it...

What's In A Name ? said...

A very honest take, I must say.

Jay said...

Yes. Some of the things couples do are very very funny. Common sense goes on a holiday.

The Lunatic said...

Nice post.
Incessant phone accompanied by the 'SMS' gratifying for few, stupefying for others.