Thursday 7 August 2008

How the holidays just start sucking

Exams are almost always followed by holidays. These holidays gives you time to rejuvenate ,recreate and repent writing those exams.
Holidays also gives you the time to do those things you wouldn't be able to do on normal working days like take up a class or go out somewhere nice etc.
I remember during the last few days of my exam I was always planning how I'm gonna spend my one month worth of holidays. But as soon as they started I realised things sometimes don't work out the way they were suppose to and even if they did you end up getting bored in a couple of days anyways.
So whats the whole point of having holidays when your gonna end up getting bored with it anyways? And probably spend most of your time online or staring at the TV watching a re run of some old show you've watched five billion times.
The only thing I've probably been doing in the holidays would be classes particularly driving classes - release clutch , depress accelerator, 1st gear , neutral , 2nd gear. Yup. Meeting up with a couple of friends and watching TV. So what if I haven't watched TV for almost a year this overload is not good anyways!
Anyways if anyone has good ideas about how to spend free time please please please help me out.
Thank you.

8 comments:

Saravana said...

nice way of expressing ur boreness...!!!! well...coming to ideas, i always feel whenever we are bored and hav plenty of time at disposal, just try whatever we havent tried or tried the least..!!! may be read some novels..if u already does..then diff genre...write on diff topics...read some good blogs... there are many good stuffs(ya..including mine.. [;)]) .... keep blogging..!!

anandi said...

Incidently, I came by your blog.
I guess, you should try your hands at different hobbies. Analyze what you love most and start doing it.
May be you can take some classes which are of your interest.
Isn't it?
Anyways, hope you find something productive to spend your time.

Anonymous said...

LOL. The IP tracker at the bottom is an awesome way to freak people out :D. High five! Sadly, I use an anonymizing web proxy, so it thought I was from Russia.

Anyhoo, the lack of things to do with free time is something that's been an issue with me for quite a while now.
With no fear of being ridiculed I hereby suggest:
1. Learn a new language - http://www.livemocha.com
2. Try http://www.meetup.com (works in Canada...)
3. Dance classes...I'll bet pole dancing hasn't been suggested yet
4. Hash house harriers (no, hash is not weed)
5. Toastmasters
6. ... try the above


And phew. The result of too much caffeine in a day.
Good luck.

untapped said...

thank u ...

Unknown said...

seems that u r a medical student...
well there are better ways of spending time...visit my blog www.drkunal.blogspot.com,u ll find many things common for 2 reasons,i too m a pessimist and a medical student...n m interested in link exchange also...

wiseorotherwise said...

Entourage! All the way, I say ;)

Varun said...

Blogging is a good time-consuming activity.But I see you are already doing that :)

You can learn some musical Instrument (doing so without a tutor will mean more frustration,and satisfaction too).You could start a tour of India (or wherever!) visiting distant relatives,bring a smile on their faces...theirs loads to do.Just put away the batteries of the TV remote,it'll all come to you.

That's how I finally got round to
cleaning up my room :D

deepika said...

dude i think i solved ur prob bfore i read this only!!! guitar class:)