Saturday 11 June 2011

facing extinction

I'm standing on the sidewalk and searching, literally craning my neck, straining my eyes too either see one of those signs that read "local calls,std calls, isd calls, or those yellow little pay phones which use to be around a lot pre-cellphone days.
I realise that life's changed a lot after cellphones came into the picture and I literally dunno what life was like before.
Hmmm hard to imagine right? before text messaging, bluetooths, wasapp ,or even just making a simple call !
Damn it!
After like searching for a while i find one except that I don't have those one rupee coins just a couple of five hundreds and a hundred damn it!
Life is playing some cruel joke on my and laughing so hard the two most soon to be likely extinct things - pay phones and one rupee coins. I finally scrape the bottom of my purse to finally find what feels like those round little things which I seem to be having lesser and lesser of each day.
I take out a piece of paper on which I've scribbled a couple of contacts which I seem to be carrying around in my wallet these days...! damn you nokia! I WANT MY PHONE BACK!

I called the other day to ask whats up with my phone
its apparently under "observation period"! And I thought that was only a term doctors used to assess the progress or diagnose a disease!
I feel like I took my phone for granted all along!
Maybe I should go make up for that with a get well soon card and some flowers. I'm sure it would appreciate that.. maybe

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know how it feels to be without phone! When I lost my phone I nearly cried for 3 hours, and screwed my internals!! I have written about it too. I had to go back home that day, I was about to reach at two in d morning, was scared like hell!

untapped said...

shit that sounds scary!damn two in the morning wow u got guts!

Anonymous said...

Papa came to pick me up tat nit, he had asked me to call him once before d bus left, n confirm d timings, he was there waiting for me before I reached!
So it was alrit..:) since nothing went wrong in between!
Thank u for following, urs is one of d first blogs I read, we kinda have a common friend, found link to ur post on her wall!

untapped said...

oh wow i didnt know this whos the common friend?

Anonymous said...

Not exactly a common friend, I knw tat person through sumone very close to me.. Its kinda weird n complicated how I knw n all tat.. I dont knw how to say it here..nor how u will take it!
If u dont mind, give me ur gtlk id!

Anonymous said...

Or u,can add me up at vapoorvamurthy@gmail.com!!
Looking at my comments feels like i've actually written a blog post here! :P

untapped said...

lol yeah u might have!

dranz3r said...

Haha! Wait till you experience the full power of 3G. I'd love to see what you write when you get addicted to that, and lose that phone.

untapped said...

I now have a basic nokia cell phone as replacement... if we're comparing technologies i would be 10 yrs off from 3G lol

Rachit said...

yeah, life changes a lot and sometimes it takes a full U-turn.

Weakest Link:)