Tuesday 27 March 2018

Stop , reassess and then react !

I've realised everytime I get worked up about a situation, riled up with something that's bothering me I end up making a bad decision, saying something stupid or doing something regrettable .
Anger management seems to have been on the agenda for quite awhile but due to lack of time, millions of excuses about being too busy adding to the frustration and anger in itself i've finally decided I'm due for a major upgrade.
Taking care of myself seems to be a top priority on the list before anything else. I need to settle my issues and the first one being hasty decision making. I've been taking yoga and meditation classes especially, physical exercise as well and I've realised this endorphin release has been doing a world of wonders. I know I've not discovered a wonder drug and I knew all this from the ten years of studying the human body etc but hey the implementation has just been lacking.
Now in retrospect when I look back at certain things I've done and said I've been quite certain that they could have been handled with a lot more grace. Especially when it came to taking the higher road, bringing down the ego a notch.
Currently as I struggle less with anger issues which I'm not saying I'm completely rid of, I always do take a moment to calm down , analyse the situation not do or say anything stupid until I'm actually sure that yes, this is it. This is what I should be doing and this is what I shouldn't be saying that I go ahead and get along with this process I call... Getting better at this 'adulting thing'.