Wednesday 30 May 2007

Running out of optimism

Due to budgetary constraints , the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice
-Anon

I have always been an optimist. Always looked at the better aspects of what could have been the worst of situations and this is precisely why I have survived till date.
Right about now I've run out of optimism. Oh I might survive but thats an entirely different story.
Cynics or any form of pessimism in general would turn me off. Rather I would avoid such people, afraid that they would dampen my spirits or even speak the truth.
But since my optimism is slowly diminishing. I see the beauty and art of the pessimist. The talent that is needed to give an air of dread and depression, carefully picked words which could only add to it.
Looking on the positive side has always been easy but looking on the negative side as rather very hard. And optimism does have ts shortcomings , relying on false hope- " maybe the suns going to rise in the west today". And i find myself becoming a pessimist. No light at my end of the tunnel...

1 comment:

Winson said...

I see the beauty and art of the pessimist..........guess u still an optimist!!...