Saturday 10 November 2007

Happy Diwali


I found people fall into three categories- those who just love to celebrate festivals would take pain staking efforts to make sure every thing is in order, those who just don't care and bother about what it is, just another day and then the third category- those people who are like stuck in between the extremes. The last ones me.
I've always sorta been stuck in between two opposite forces in my house an agnostic parent and a religious one. When a friend asks me "what plans for diwali?" I'm usually like probably go to a few places we're invited to, sweets , crackers etc.
But recently I just pondered about what is diwali to me and does it really mean something more to me? Festivals are usually that one time where everyone is always around. And I realised this is like the one time of the year where everyone s going to be under one roof eating, talking, laughing ,joking having fun! And recently I realised that Diwali really did mean a lot to me, because it brought everyone together to celebrate something.

So happy diwali everyone and a safe one too! Have fun!!!

2 comments:

deepika said...

happy diwali adi!!!!!! hope u hav a gr8 time :)

deepika said...

n dat 1st category reminds me of dat scene in desperate housewives when inspite of hearing of husband's death dat bree continues 2 polish her precious silverware........ freaky!!!!!lol.