Sunday 4 November 2007

The interrogation

So the thing with me and my family is, we hardly talk on the phone when I'm at the hostel. Its always like its a timed talk. Dad or Mom asks
  • How are you?
  • Hows college?
  • How far have you gotten in your anatomy dissection?
Three usual and probably only questions they ask me, if anything extra is to be said the whole conversation lasts for 6 minutes tops.
Last time my dad came to visit me he met a couple of my friends. The first question he asks is not hows hostel, weather, food, anything... noooooo he asks them so you guys at the same dissection table?
Oh ya... sent alarm bells ringing in my friends head. They all thought he'd take an on spot viva right there. Yes my friends still do talk to me.
So when I was home this Diwali break I was asked

Dad: So do they give you pickle to eat in the mess?
me: ya they do
sis: what sports do you play?
mom: shes a medical student , she doesn't have time to play (grrrr...)
me: (ignores comment) ya I do occasionally play t.t or shuttle or something.
Dad:TT that's good... helps you become dexterous ,helps perform surgeries better.

a little while later, I dunno how this came up but dad asks :what do platlets do?
me:(crap , viva!!!) out of syllabus...

I swear i couldn't remember a word of that stuff when my dad asks me all these sudden questions. I do comparatively better in the vivas in college.At least I know what a platelet does---- it CLOTS! Fucking hell! Thank god I just come here twice a year or my self confidence levels would be non existent!
Sorta contradictory to my previous post, but my family is like this when it comes to academics.. I swear they're pretty normal otherwise.
Really...

5 comments:

deepika said...

lol. parents are always tat way expect you to kno everythin all the time....... atleast as far as academics are concerned:)

Unknown said...

a little while later, I dunno how this came up but dad asks :what do platlets do?
me:(crap , viva!!!) out of syllabus...


hilarious!

-315- said...

typical doc dad n medico kid ques...i can relate to dat sinking feelin in d stomach wen dis happens..ur lucky its only ur dad...me keep gettin dis shit from bth mom n dad...an al deir darn frens....:S..

Anonymous said...

hey babe i din kno u cd try comedy too on ur blog..:)dis ones been d best so far i'v read:)

GAGAN said...

parents r parents.they want to ask u question no matter how stupid they[especially when come to ur during vacation]