Sunday 10 June 2007

Sunday morning

Today I awake, the beginning of a new week. I sit on my bed, and think, is it morning already? Seems like I haven't slept in a long time. I wonder how this week would be, hoping that it wouldnt be as bad as last week.
The aromas from the kitchen come and hit me. Its the sunday special. Chicken curry, fish fry, capsicum bajji or something mouth watering.Cant wait for lunch. I go out, my dog looks clean and matted. He just had a bath. He sits there and sunbathes, to dry himself off.
The church bells ring its nine o'clock. I make myself some breakfast-toast,with jam on one side butter on th other, pre-packaged juice out of the refrigerator. This is my usual routine on a sunday.
Usually I sit and read the newspaper or a book or something, sleep sometimes.walk my dog and my sundays are days with the least amount of activity. Days i just laze around.
Caught up with a few friends , an old classmate who was very adamant that long distance relationships don't work out and how it would be very difficult. Another one who wanted to do something different in life after he finished college.
These things are things that I wonder about. Whether its long distance relationships working out,being different, in the end things happen the way they were meant to happen and they happen for a reason and maybe we can to a certain extent influence our destiny and future, but not entirely and that at some point you'll just have to let go and let whatever happen .. just happen.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

this one...i liked.

untapped said...

thank you!!